digikey

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
miwyl

digikey

Post by miwyl »

Hi Lance
I just found something odd with the submit to Digikey button on the trans stim page
it seems to generate a much larger BOM at their end 3 times larger
They sent me enough parts to do 3 boards ,...couldn't figure it out until I tried it again
20 item BOM on Trans stim page 57 items on digikey page
Maybe a code problem

Keep up the good work
miwyl
Bernard Fife

Re: digikey

Post by Bernard Fife »

miwyl,

I just tried it and it works normally for me.

However, you do have to be careful with the order and check it before you send it. If you visit the order page 3 times (even months apart) and click order each time, all the parts keep getting added to the order. To clear the old orders, you have to click the 'New Order' and then 'Create New Order' button on Digi-Key's site.

There is a note about this in step #2 of this page: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/mshftstimbom.htm

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
miwyl

Post by miwyl »

Hi Lance
It all makes sense now I did submit it to see what the shipping would be and did see the notation
but didn't add it it up
getting old the only thing that works really well now is the beard
Thanks
miwyl
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

miwyl,

I know what you mean about getting older - it's not for wimps!

If you have extra components, someone here might want to by a set of components from you, I suppose. You could start a thread offering them, if you want.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
miwyl

Post by miwyl »

Hi Lance
Digikey has the best customer service I've ever seen, the extras are going back on their dime
except for the triplication the order was very smooth
33 hours from order to my door and I live in Ontario Can.
Thanks
miwyl
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Digi-Key is really amazing. I have been ordering from them regularly for many years. I am on an island on the west coast of Canada, and if I order before 2:00pm, I get the order the next morning, and for just $8 shipping. It boggles my mind! That's the main reason why all the MegaSquirt BOMs are done through Digi-Key - they have just been consistently excellent.