Eagle talon w4a33

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
dill pickle

Eagle talon w4a33

Post by dill pickle »

Hi, the stock TCU crapped out on my car and its really hard to find a replacement one for these , so decided to build my self a megashift controller for it :D . I just have a few questions and I would really appreciate if anybody can point me in the right direction I am bit of noob when it comes to electronics so please bare with me. I am following the build guide for 4l60e to assemble the board . The transmission uses two shift solenoids and a PC solenoid to perform shifts and adjust line pressure . The shift patterns are similar to 4l60e . It never came with a lock up TC atleast on the first gen Talons. So it should be fairly straight forward. I need some help with the inputs.

1. VSS- The stock speedometer is cable driven and it has a 4 pole reed switch to convert it into a digital signal so the ECU and TCU can use it . I scoped the signal at the connector for the old tcu and it a 5 volt signal . So will I be fine if I use the circuit described for VSS / VR1 in the 4l60e build guide ?

2. Non CAN Tach- The Talon uses an optical sensor with a 4 hole wheel , so if I build the circuit described in the 4l80e build guide for VR3 , will it work ?

3 . Non CAN load - I plan on using the TPS for load since its a boosted engine . Will the EGT1 circuit described in the 4l60e guide do the job .

All of these inputs should get me going for the time being . I got a shift box thing for it to shift gears manually for now , so I can monitor to make sure all the inputs are working good before I let megashift control the shift solenoids. The only thing is all the shifts are at full line pressure and feels like you got rear ended everytime you shift lol , gets old pretty quick .
Bernard Fife

Re: Eagle talon w4a33

Post by Bernard Fife »

1. VSS- The stock speedometer is cable driven and it has a 4 pole reed switch to convert it into a digital signal so the ECU and TCU can use it . I scoped the signal at the connector for the old tcu and it a 5 volt signal . So will I be fine if I use the circuit described for VSS / VR1 in the 4l60e build guide ?
dill pickle,

Yes, the standard build ought to work for your 5V VSS signal.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2. Non CAN Tach- The Talon uses an optical sensor with a 4 hole wheel , so if I build the circuit described in the 4l80e build guide for VR3 , will it work ?
Yes. If you wish, you can verify those build instruction against the source docs for the VRx circuits here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/vr.htm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
3 . Non CAN load - I plan on using the TPS for load since its a boosted engine . Will the EGT1 circuit described in the 4l60e guide do the job.
Yes. You can verify those build instruction against the docs for using the EGTx circuits as general purpose voltage measuring input circuits here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/egt.htm#gpi
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw