Line Pressure reading unstable at zero psi

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
mcneil

Line Pressure reading unstable at zero psi

Post by mcneil »

Using the Measurement Specialties M3431 from Digikey (the 0-5V sensor in the build guide), my pressure reading is erratic at zero psi. See below plot from the log

Bench setup, looks like this:

In the first part of the log, the cal points are 20 psi/.489V and 480 psi/ 3.951V. It gives good values when I apply shop air pressure to the sensor, but about 20 psi low. When I put in the actual sensor calibration values, line pressure is erratic at zero applied pressure. When I apply 100psi, it settles down and line pressure = applied pressure.

Is line pressure gauge or absolute? Should I not use 0psi as a cal point?
Attachments
GPIO_MShift_4145.ini
(221.4 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
CurrentTune.msq
(45.61 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
2014-11-30_09.02.27.msl
(122.88 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
Bernard Fife

Re: Line Pressure reading unstable at zero psi

Post by Bernard Fife »

mcneil,

Thanks for spotting this. It looks like something is messed up in the code. In the meantime I would use the table value rather than the 2-point calculations. I will have a look in the line pressure sensor code and post test code here for you to try shortly.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Re: Line Pressure reading unstable at zero psi

Post by Bernard Fife »

mcneil,

This code should be better (it is on my bench):
Monitor_5095t1.abs.s19
(78.61 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
GPIO_MShift_5095.ini
(261.03 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
Let me know if this doesn't fix it for you.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw