Spare port

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
tobmag

Spare port

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

Would it be possible to get "Current Gear" as index for the SP1/2 in PWM mode with a simple table like first gear = 10%, 2nd gear 40% etc....
Purpose is a analouge gear indicator....dont really need the Voltage meter in the car.

BR//Tobmag
Bernard Fife

Re: Spare port

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

This is already in the 5.00x series of codes. See http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/spareport.html This is beta code right now, but will soon become the release code. You can get it here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V5code.html

This is unlikely to be back-ported to the 4.1xx code. We aren't making any unnecessary additions to the 4.1xx series of codes anymore, only bug fixes (and correcting obvious omissions).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

Nice, I will load that code and test.

BR//Tobmag
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

Loaded the 5008 code and cgear is avalible as index for SP1 as you said, however I cant get it to work in PWM mode.
Actually I have no idea how to work the tables, I expected to see the gears in the index line of the table instead of 0-255

Also Pressure control sits on 100% with CAN disabled, cant find anything to get it to work, did try the MAP-TPS slider but no difference.

Attached my msq

BR//Tobmag
Attachments
2013-11-23_11.25.03.msq
(49.49 KiB) Downloaded 683 times
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance

Also would it be possible to have a fixed duty cycle and setting the frequens instead, so not really a PMW mode more like a Speedo out....

So CGear as Index and Hz out with a fixed dutycycle

BR//Tobmag
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

That's possible, but not easy. One of the many problems in implementing this is that I suspect one would want a large frequency range, but the PWM frequency range is relatively small by default, and making it larger requires much more set-up. There are also two different kinds of timing involved depending on the particular pin - native timer channels, and bit-banged PWM. However, I will keep this in mind for adding to future codes.

I will have a look at the gear index mode when I get a chance.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

Thats fine, this is no high priority at all just for fun.

Ive been testing some different meters to use as an analog gear indicator.
Problem with voltage, amp fuel etc meeters is that they usually ahve a very small sweep area.

I f I could use a tacho instead I can easliy find them with 240-300 degrees sweep, problem with them is that the PWM signal wont be any good.
Currently looking on some simple V/F converters to cure this.

BR//Tobmag
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.

Ive been testing the latest V5 code and the whole thing is just lagging, speedo, trans temp load its like using an old 286 computer LOL.

Reloaded the 4135 code and everything is as smooth as before...

Any thoughts or other complaint about this?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

tobmag,

I will have a look when I get a chance (I have been very busy here on other projects, and hopefully these will be out of the way shortly).

Lance.
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

I hope those projects are posted shortly :-)

BR//Tobmag