What is the shftBut field in datalogs?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Addicted

Re: What is the shftBut field in datalogs?

Post by Addicted »

Been getting some good logging done this afternoon. I may find other glitches, but the first would be the tgear errors in the attached heavily edited datalog for your perusal... not caused me a problem, but I'd thought you'd like to see them.
Attachments
tgear spikes.msl
(80.19 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Martin,

That looks like comms errors to me. If you look at the adjacent fields in the OutputChannels, cGear and RPM, they both appear to have some spikes that coincide with the tgear 'errors' (as do some other fields like load, cltC, TCC, etc.). This suggests to me that either there is electrical noise in the signal lines (the physical CANbus wires) OR TunerStudio or the engine controller is mishandling the values sent over the CANbus before reporting them on the serial connection. If this were mine, I would check the CANbus connections very carefully.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Actually one of the things on my to do list is to replace the existing CANbus wires with some nice Beldin CANBUS shielded twisted pair cable..

BTW the TCC spikes are still there as before, do you need to see an edited log?

Martin
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

do you need to see an edited log?
It might help.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

sods law dictates that I cannot find it in a recent log... maybe I imagined it.. :)

Found it in some logs from this morning... :)
Attachments
TCC.msl
(54.77 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Martin,

This code might help the TCC issue (but I am not sure of it, as I haven't been able to provoke the same behavior that you have seen on my bench).
Monitor_5099y.abs.s19
(82.96 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
GPIO_MShift_5099.ini
(277.7 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
Lance.