use of processor pin PE0 for table switching

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Addicted

Re: use of processor pin PE0 for table switching

Post by Addicted »

Hi Lance,

OK, tried it, datalog attached. The log starts with the sport mode button engaged and it appears to 'float' between Table 2 and Default Table (I noticed the the 'decel' is doing the same). After about 15 seconds I disengage the sport button mode and it locks onto Default Table OK, engage sport mode button again and it starts floating again..

Martin
Attachments
2015-02-22_17.55.16.msl
(101.27 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Thanks for that, I will have a look and post back here when I have it sorted.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Martin,

The attached code appears to work correctly (finally!) for table switching with either PE0 or PE1 on my bench. Hopefully it works for you too.
Monitor_5099s.abs.s19
Uses previous INI
(82.57 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Thanks Lance, just tested it and yes it works perfectly!

1st March this car becomes fully road legal, very exciting! that gives me 2 months to get it ready to drive 1000 miles across Europe :D
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Cool, thanks for spotting the issue and testing the solutions. A road trip across Europe sounds like a lot of fun! Lance.