VSS help please

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
Addicted

Re: VSS help please

Post by Addicted »

Thanks Lance, I'll get it loaded up and let you know how I get on..
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Addicted,

Here is a better version:
Monitor_5091.abs.s19
(78.15 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
GPIO_MShift_5091.ini
(255.38 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
This has many changes to the way the ADC are handled, and could solve some lever position related errors for some users. It has also had more testing than 5.090, and a number of small bug fixes.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Addicted,

I have put a link to new code in the 'Latest Code Updates' thread here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=240&p=4884#p4884

The code there is largely the same as the 5.091 code above, unless you are using a microTCU (in which case there are some small changes that affect the lever position logic). However, it's probably better for you to use the beta release code from the link for testing rather than the code above, if only to reduce confusion later.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Hi Lance,

Since you posted the code I've been in hospital and had surgery so its taken me until now to have a go.. however, it may be the drugs, but what have I done wrong?

I downloaded the new code, bridged the bootloader etc.. and succesfully loaded the code onto the GPIO. I then went back to my tunerstudio, updated the CAN1 ini file to the new one and connected. But no matter what I do I get this error:

I've spent the last hour trying different things but can't get past this, what have I done wrong?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Addicted,

I am sorry you had to have surgery, I hope you are feeling better now.

I get this sort of error occasionally. It appears to be a bit of confusion in TS as to which signature belong to which controller. I generally find if you click "yes" to 'connect anyways', it might then work or it might not (but hasn't done any harm any time I have tried it). But if you do that and then shut down TS and restart, everything usually works fine from that point on (for me, at least). It may be that TS needs to reset to recognize the proper configuration of the controller.

I believe you can also do this by updating the INI while off-line in TS.

BTW, there is newer, better 5.093 code here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V5code.html

Lance.
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Hi Lance, yeah I've tried selecting yes but it just stuck in a loop and keeps coming back to this error. I've tried disconnecting the msgpio and trying again etc.. But it always comes back to this. I'll try again tomorrow (back in bed now)

If you check my screenshot you'll find I am using 5.093 ☺
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Addicted,

Obviously I didn't see you were using the newer code, sorry!

I just tried the 5.093 INI on my bench (with B&G 2.920 code in the engine ECU) and it works okay for me with the CAN pass-through. Can you connect directly to the GPIO using the 5.093 INI in a new project?

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Actually, with further testing I can can duplicate this issue. I will report back here when I have a fix.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Addicted,

Try this INI:

http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/fi ... t_5093.ini

There appear to have been some issues with the way the upcoming split between the old serial comms and new envelope serial comms were handled in the INI. This INI appears to work properly with the CANbus pass-through (and B&G 2.920) on my bench.

Also, make sure CAN_COMMANDS are 'Activated' in the setup.

Lance.
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Lance,

One step forward, two back.

At first I thought the problem was cured, but it appears not. I'm struggling to put my finger on the problem. Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains how Tunerstudio handles the tuning of CAN1? as I think I'm getting twisted.

The errors are now slightly different to previous.

In this image you can see that it says CAN 1 in the header (immediatly preceeding where it says 'go online for firmware version'), sometimes this says AUDIV6 (the project name) and sometimes CAN1.. this is the sort of thing that I'm finding confusing.