Configured for W5A580?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
rpmuri

Configured for W5A580?

Post by rpmuri »

Lance, Is there any way this could be configured for the Chrysler/Benz 5spd. W5A580/NAG1 transmission? Thanks, Randy
Bernard Fife

Re: Configured for W5A580?

Post by Bernard Fife »

Randy,

I couldn't say, since I don't really know anything at all about this transmission. 5 speeds shouldn't be a fundamental problem, it could use one of the spare ports for the extra solenoid.

However, to know if the current code could be made to work, we would need a list of all the inputs and outputs, and some details about them. For example, for the actuators (that shift the gears) we would need to know their current draw, and whether they are 12V full time or PWM'd, etc.). For the sensors (shifter position, temperature, etc.), we would need to know whether they are digital (on/off) or variable voltage, etc.

Most of this info can usually be found in a factory service manual (though it might take some digging). If you are lucky, a search with google might turn up the info as well.

Once we had that info, we could say whether the current code would work, or whether modifications would be needed. If there is a reasonable number of people wanting to run this trans, then I would happilly makes the modifications.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
rpmuri

Re: Configured for W5A580?

Post by rpmuri »

Thanks Lance, I'll start working on these. I know of a half dozen or so that are looking for a solution to this trans. Thanks again. Randy