500psi Line Sensor

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: 500psi Line Sensor

Post by Bernard Fife »

shaodome,

Yep, there was an error in the INI that caused the pressure to be 10x too low. This is fixed in the attached code/INI. Thanks for spotting this and testing the possibilities.
Monitor_4144e.abs.s19
Test code (with debug variable removed from previous version, restoring the VSS missed tooth counter).
(73.17 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
GPIO_MShift_4144.ini
Fixed INI with correct line pressure sensor scaling.
(220.15 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
I get the correct line pressure readings on my bench setup with the above. Hopefully you will too.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gui67

Post by gui67 »

Hello Lance,

I was also trying to make my line sensor work.
Mine needs a 12V supply but I first wired it on the 5V. After that, It did not work (or I thought it did not)
Today, I replaced the sensor and tried: it was reading 0V on Tunerstudio again, so I measured the votage on the input of EGT2: it was 2.5V with the engine on, so the sensor is working.
I tried the new code just above after that and it is working. So the first sensor was maybe still OK?

I read 12bar on park at idle and 19bar in reverse at idle on a 4L80e(175 and 280 PSI)
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

gui67,

It's possible that the sensor works. The issue affected both the psi and bar readings. You didn't say what value the first sensor was showing. If the sensor was working, you should have got values that were 1/10th the correct values, which wouldn't likely be 0 bar or psi for a running trans (I'm not sure where you are seeing 0 Volts). The only way to know for sure is to test the first sensor.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gui67

Post by gui67 »

I changed the parameters to see the voltage: 0,0 and 5,5. It was showing 0.1, which now means 1V as it was 10x lower. So maybe it is still OK.
my sensor has an output of 1-6V, between 0 and 40 bar. so at atmospheric pressure, it shows 1V.