Troubles mapping spare MShift AD05 analog to MS3Pro

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
mill3833

Troubles mapping spare MShift AD05 analog to MS3Pro

Post by mill3833 »

Ok, I've done some searching on this, and can't find the mapping info needed. I posted this over on the MS3 group and Jean told me to come over here.

I have MS3Pro and MegaShift (MSGPIO) talking to each other over CAN. That part is working nicely. The plan was to re-purpose the "non-CAN MAP/TPS/MAF" AD5, EGT1, pin 24 anolog input of MShift as engine oil pressure.

I am have a heck of a time finding the magic combination of Table number and Offset number to get the value to display. I have a like pressure sensor connected to MS3 spare analog 1, and that is reading correctly.

I tried looking at the MShift's ini file, in the OutCommands section, but can't tell what I'm looking for. Nothing matches AD5 or Non-Can MAP/TPS/MAF or the EGT1 description.

Any help would be appreciated.

MS3 V1.2.4.
MShift 4.135, .ini file dated 21:35am Nov, 2013

Thanks,
Dave
Attachments
MShift.ini
(217.63 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Bernard Fife

Re: Troubles mapping spare MShift AD05 analog to MS3Pro

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dave,

The non-CAN MAP signal is in a channel called "outpc.aux_volts" in the code. You can find this in the INI [OutputChannels] section (near line 2858):

Code: Select all

aux_volts         = scalar, U16,   26,       "V",      0.001, 0.0 
The table offset is whatever you normally use for the outpc structure (usually 7), and the offset is 26 (from the line above). There is lots more info on that here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V41tune.html#oa. You should also check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=541

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
mill3833

Post by mill3833 »

Lance,

Thanks for the excellent reply. The example was just what I needed. And the links very helpful. I was able to get the Aux_V to respond. And the understanding how to decode the ini mapping helped me get the VSS and gear via CAN setup too.

Now am working on the Line Pressure input which is not responding to input stimulation. I think i saw a recent tread on that one here. I have checked voltage up to the header, and all seems correct wrt circuitry. Even tried removing MS3 from the equation and was talking to MSGPIO directly via 232 port. But Line P readout remains zero, even with 0-5V stimulation.

Dave
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dave,

Yeah, the line pressure issue *should* be sorted in the 4.136 code, see: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V41code.html

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw