TCC load hysteresis

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: TCC load hysteresis

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

I am not sure I fully understand. I think the existing code should do what you want. Using the values from your example above, if we had settings of 80 and 10, then the TCC would:
- lock if below 70 (80-10)
- unlock if the load climbs to 80.
- between 70 and 80 the TCC should remain in it's current state. So if it was unlocked (load falling), it should stay unlocked, if it was locked (load rising) it should stay locked.

At least that's the way it is supposed to work. It's certainly possible that I have missed something, of course!

Ultimately, though, there will always be conditions under which the operation is somewhat unstable (due to the on-off nature of the TCC). That's why we have the time hysteresis that prevents rapidly cycling.

The indicator colors are set in a line in the INI like this:

Code: Select all

indicator = { lock_TCC            }, "TCC Off",       "TCC Applied",    green,   black,    green,   blue;
near line 2734. The four colors are: "off background ", "off text", "on background ", "on text". I have changed these to:

Code: Select all

indicator = { lock_TCC            }, "TCC Off",       "TCC Applied",    green,   black,      red,  white;
in the attached INI, but you can edit them to whatever you like (there are plenty of examples in the INI itself).
GPIO_MShift_4134.ini
(217.63 KiB) Downloaded 425 times

(Note that 'TCC applied' is shown whenever the PWM isn't zero.)

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Lance.
- lock if below 70 (80-10)
- unlock if the load climbs to 80.
- between 70 and 80 the TCC should remain in it's current state. So if it was unlocked (load falling), it should stay unlocked, if it was locked (load rising) it should stay locked.
Yes you are right, it is working correctly it was mee not testing this in the right way on the bench.
Did some more testing last night and it works as you stated so all is good.

BR//Tobmag
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

Okay, great, thanks for confirming that. But if there's anything that comes up that strikes you as strange, please let me know.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw