Nissan 300zx paddle shift

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
zedwizz

Nissan 300zx paddle shift

Post by zedwizz »

Hi,

Has anyone fitted a paddle shift system to a Nissan 300zx tt z32 apart from the shift at will system?

I currently rebuild automatic transmissions for this car and have been asked may times about a paddle shift system for this car.

Any idea’s/information or if you can point me in the right direction I would be very gratefully.
zedwizz

Re: Nissan 300zx paddle shift

Post by zedwizz »

anyone???
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

Probably the best way to get started would be if you could post as much documentation as you have available on how exactly the stock system works - what kinds of sensors and solenoids it uses, etc. I'm fairly certain this has not been tried with the GPIO board yet, so it's something we will need your help finding what needs to be done.
zedwizz

Post by zedwizz »

thanks for the reply Matt. :D

I have a Nissan workshop manual on the 300zx so i'll have a look through for the info.

there is also a online version here: :arrow:

http://300zx-twinturbo.com/cgi-bin/manual.cgi

I'm good with the machical stuff but not to good with the electronics any help would be much appreciated. :mrgreen:

Thanks
rodking

Post by rodking »

G'day Nissan modders,

I'm also interested in using the MegaShift to with a Nissan auto.

A friend is building an off road race truck using a Nissan 3 liter turbo VQ30DET engine from a Nissan Gloria. One transmission option is to use the original auto and manualize it using a MegaShift controller, I've offered to do the shift controller. While searching for information I found a link to full workshop manual for the RL4R01A / 3A used in the 300 ZX, 500 pages just on the AT, hope it is some use.

The manual in pdf format is at http://ryan.crawford.com/galleries/frontier/AT.pdf

Rod King
Avery

Post by Avery »

Any news here?