TS going off-line, Fried GPI5?

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
tobmag

TS going off-line, Fried GPI5?

Post by tobmag »

Just finished my GPIO board and transstim.
Built for 4L80E following the build instructions and added the LED drivers and up/down buttons, non can Load following the 4L60E.

While playing around I had and still have issues with TS going off-on line momentarily.
Staying off-line maybe 1-2 second and then back on-line.
Trying to determine the problem I disconnected the +5 and +12 to the stim.
The TS problem persisted but much less often.
I then connected the +5 volt > same as withouth

Now to the bad thing....the free +12v lead managed to "jump in" on the GPIO board and made contact to the banded end of the diod in R36.
Now the "down" button stays on all time, removed the jumper between GP15 and AD6 and still the same. I assume that means that the input is fried?
If yes can I use the GP11 circuit instead since not having map changing option would be less of an issue.
Or I can use either EGT2 or VR2 that are still free?

I'm running the GPIO as stand alone and will also need some assistance on the TS going off-line issue.
Computer I'm using is the same I use on my MS2 that I allready have in the car and is working without any issues.

BR//Tobmag
tobmag

Re: TS going off-line, Fried GP15?

Post by tobmag »

Well continuing..

I have disabled all CAN settings even disabled non CAN ISS. but still I get an rpm reading that is following VSS out from the transstim...

This cant be right since I should be able to run in stand alone only using VSS and Load to control shifting.

//Tobmag
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Did check all my COM port settings as well according to;
http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/index.html

However I think there must be a misstake here;
Baud: 115200,
Flow control: None,
Stop Bits: 8,
Data bits: 1.

Data bits and Stop bits must have changes place since its impossible to get the settings as described?
Computer do comunicate 100% OK with my MS2 as earlier mentioned.

//Tobmag
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Here is my current .msq and a data log I made last night
Attachments
CurrentTune.msq
(38.64 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
Bernard Fife

Re: TS going off-line, Fried GPI5?

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

The VSS circuit on the trans stim can use quite a bit of current. If the power supply is marginal, this can create fluctuations in voltage that trigger the ISS in sync with the VSS. So make sure the power supply is adequate.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Hi Lance

The power supply is a lab-style able to deliver up to 10A and is stabilized giving 13,7V

I have now washed the circuitbord to get rid of all residuals from soldering so will test again,
I did get less noice after connecting all 4 grounds to the power source but even then still problems with TS going off line and still getting a rpm reading, I'll hook everything back up tonight and make a new log.
Can you please check my msq if I have any settings wrong.
Right now its a stand alone application on my table, will later add a MS3 for fuel and ignition and then run over CAN

I'm most worried about the GPI5 that I think is burned....
Now to the bad thing....the free +12v lead managed to "jump in" on the GPIO board and made contact to the banded end of the diod in R36.
Now the "down" button stays on all time according to TS, removed the jumper between GP15 and AD6 and still the same. I assume that means that the input is fried?
If yes can I use the GP11 circuit instead since not having map changing option would be less of an issue.
Or I can use either EGT2 or VR2 that are still free?

BR//Tobbe
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Well I know that you should never change more then 1 thing at the time but anyway did the following.

Power cables to the stim was on the thinner side so increased them
jumper cable on the tx and rx on the bottom side to the AMP replace with a twisted pair
all ground cables join at 1 place including ground for serial cable.

Now there is no rpm signal and no more TS going off line...

Fantastic :D

Just the f¤ing GPI5 issue. Everything seems to work even though TS says "down" button is pressed.
(before working with electronics clear the house from kids and cats.....)

Attached another log playing with the stim, load is "TPS"

BR//Tobmag
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Tobmag,

It sounds like there is no pull-up voltage on the input.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Ok Ill have a look on that during the weekend.

thanks Lance
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Measured the GPI5 circuit and I have 5 volts when the button is not pressed and goes to zero when pressed.
Measured at the 25 pole jumper.

Tunerstudio still tells me that the down button is pressed so I guess the input is fried anyway.

Any suggestion? Can I use another input for this?

BR//Tobmag