Chrysler 41te Trans Control

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
UnaClocker

Re: Chrysler 41te Trans Control

Post by UnaClocker »

tjabo wrote:Any more thoughts on this "multiplexing the shifter inputs(s) idea? Assuming there even are enough inputs for the 41te shifter, it would be nice to save them for other things like this. . . .
More thoughts? It's a done deal, it WILL be done like this, it WILL work. At least on my car.. If someone else wants to waste 3 more very valuable CPU pins... I suppose I could wire up my transmission in a temporary way, on the floor, and at least prove the concept..
tjabo

Post by tjabo »

Do you mean to prove the multi-plexing concept in advance of you actually installing, or did you mean something else?
Turbo Neon, converting to 41te trans sometime?
UnaClocker

Post by UnaClocker »

I mean I can wire the GPIO to the transmission, on the floor, and run the shift lever through the gears, to see it in action.. I can also spin the input shaft and monitor the turbine speed sensor.. Check the temp sensor(s)... etc..
tjabo

Post by tjabo »

That would be AWESOME! ! !
UnaClocker

Post by UnaClocker »

Fired up the trans for the first time yesterday, without the GPIO connected to it. Confirmed that forward and backwards work. I'm getting the pinout for the trans from a friend later today (so I'll update my 41te WIKI with that info). So it won't be long now.. :)
UnaClocker

Post by UnaClocker »

I was daydreaming about this all day at work today.. I've got an aftermarket steering wheel with horn buttons under each thumb, those will be used for my paddle shifters, along with the floppy shifter I have, I'll be able to do either or, depending on my mood. This steering wheel has a normal horn button in the center.. What I want to do is multiplex the single horn wire, and have the GPIO trigger the horn relay when it's the horn button I'm pressing.. Cool, huh? :) I love multiplexing.. :)
tjabo

Post by tjabo »

Cool for sure! I want to see this multi-plexing stuff work!
johnboy426

Post by johnboy426 »

tjabo wrote:Cool for sure! I want to see this multi-plexing stuff work!
If your wife's minivan has cruise control or steering wheel controls for the radio, those are multiplexed circuits. It is a Chrysler or Dodge, isn't it?
UnaClocker

Post by UnaClocker »

It works! Posted a video on YouTube.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krL6v1h6jog hehehe.. ;)
johnboy426

Post by johnboy426 »

Simply awesome!