switch for manual mode shifting

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
gui67

Re: switch for manual mode shifting

Post by gui67 »

Thank you for looking at that.
I would also prefer to use a solution with 2 wires.
How precise do you think the solution with one wire and different resistance could be compared to a solution with 2 wires?

And how good would the horn contact be for this application in a car that is 40 years old? Would you rely on it?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

gui67,

Personally, I would still use the two separate grounding switches even when the code allows for a voltage based shift signal. However others prefer something else for various reasons, and they would have to judge for themselves how well this might work with their setup and hardware.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

All,

I haven't forgotten about the voltage based shift buttons. I have code written, and am testing it now. Once it is proven, I will release it as 2.112. There is tentative documentation here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/voltshift.html

I will be testing for a few days, then hope to release the code by the weekend if all goes well (and issues don't pop-up on other fronts). The code will be announced in the code updates thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=240 or you can check the code page: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V2code.html

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gui67

Post by gui67 »

good news.
I unfortunately cannot test it as the car is disassembled again, but I hope to test it next spring.
Thank you Lance
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

After much delay, I have posted the voltage based shift button enabled code. You can see the release post here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=240&p=2310#p2310

This code lets the user specify 4 voltages and a tolerance that correspond to different shift buttons states. This means the shift buttons consume only one input, and makes it possible to turn some horn mechanisms into 'UP/Down' shift buttons.

There is much more on the voltage based shift buttons here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/voltshift.html

Lance.