4L80E MSQ

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
flak monkey

4L80E MSQ

Post by flak monkey »

Hi all, I'm just trying to put an MSQ together for my 4L80 - the one on the build page is for an extremely old version of the code - is it going to be updated at any point so there aren't so many errors when loading it?

Could someone please take a look over the attached MSQ and see if it's OK? I don't want to kill my freshly built transmission the first time I take the car up the road....

It's behind a 580hp LQ9 - should I be looking at modifying the pressure control table? Also whats the best TCC control?

Thanks... SJ
Attachments
mshift2016-03-26_19.41.37.msq
(61.93 KiB) Downloaded 709 times
gui67

Re: 4L80E MSQ

Post by gui67 »

Hi,
here is my msq.
maybe not the latest code, but not so old.
You should be able to use it or get the right parameters.
I use these parameters on 2 cars: one 600HP 5.3 turbo Chevelle and a 800HP 5.3 turbo Camaro.
Early 4L80e.
For TCC, I use ON/OFF, no PWM.

Have some fun with the LQ9 and the 4L80e

Guillaume
Attachments
2016-04-02_21.18.54.msq
(58.21 KiB) Downloaded 708 times
flak monkey

Post by flak monkey »

Great thank you :)

I'll probably set my TCC up as ON/OFF for a start - just thought it might be a bit harsh, but I'll give it a go. That said, my transmission isn't stock and it's likely to shift hard anyway, so if it is a bit harsh it shouldn't matter.

Hoping the LQ will be around 580hp...

Still a work in progress...

gui67

Post by gui67 »

Nice engine. what car is it? a second gen Camaro?

For me the TCC is OK in ON/OFF, anyway, much smoother then 1-2 shifts (transmission upgraded with Jakes shift kit)

Here is mine:
flak monkey

Post by flak monkey »

Thanks, yes it's a 2nd gen Camaro. The upgrade's been a long time coming - been off the road for about 18 months now - but the end is in sight.

I'd love to add a turbo or supercharger to mine - maybe one day :lol:

Your's looks like its fun!
gui67

Post by gui67 »

If you look at the msq, you will see 2 tables:
I use Table 2 for "normal" driving.
And table 1 for "sport" mode which allows more revs before upshifting. The table switch input is connected to the input 2 of the lever, inside the GPIO. then with the shifter on OD position it selects the table 2 and in any other position, I get table 1. This allows no kickdown to avoid torque surprise while cruising, in a curve or slippery road.

I hope you will be able to drive soon your car. 18 month is long without driving