4L80E code

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
dch

Re: 4L80E code

Post by dch »

The build guide is complete the link is in the GPIO assy area and here http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/4L80.html

Here is the link for the BOM http://www.megamanual.com/4L80Ebom.htm
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
6bt4l80e

Post by 6bt4l80e »

Hi to all,

Has anyone ordered the 4L80E BOM through digikey? There is a few items on backorder, some out till mid March? I tried Mouser and it looks like they dont carry some of the resistors? I am not sure I dont order electronics like this that often. Anyone have any other sources or anything?

Thanks

Tim
dch

Post by dch »

When I ordered last month only the transistors/ insolators were on back order and I ordered from Digikey and Mouser. You mite ask DIY autotune or a local shop or other online shops.
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

We're getting the parts together as a kit for the 4L80E - give us a week or two and it should be ready.
6bt4l80e

Post by 6bt4l80e »

Good day to all, it is cold here today, good day to sit inside and solder up the GPIO boards. I want to thank all of those who have taken the time to work through the issues and build the GPIO for the 4L80e. Anyways I have a few questions, in the build guide currently it appears engine speed is supplied via the turbine shaft input speed sensor, so we use VR1, and VR3. What if I also have a engine speed sensor mounted to my engine? It is 4P Is it simple to add this circuit as well? Next Question in the 4L80e build guide what inputs are we building to acomodate the PCM pressure control module switches in the trans? last is what should we do with the 2WD or 4Wd input if it is only 2wd or we dont want to use this? Hope someone can shed a bit of light on this for me, this project is slightly over myhead but with determination and some help I am going to figure it out!

Thanks,

Tim
6bt4l80e

Post by 6bt4l80e »

Hello to all again!

Maybe I am not fully understanding things yet, but in my application I plan to use the GPIO megashift as a stand alone trans controler. My existing JET TCM uses TPS and engine RPM as well as the trany inputs. I noticed there is no input for the TPS on the 4l80e build. How is it able to shift without the TPS? Maybe these are designed to be connected via canbus to Megasquirt only? I assembled my board yesterday, I have lots of resitors and some other components left over? I ordered the material through digikey using the 4l80e BOM. Is this normal or did I miss something. I hope I can figure this all out as I really enjoy this stuff. My background is more with motor controls and high power electrical tranmission so this is somewhat new to me. Hope someone can shed some light on things for me.

Thanks,

Tim
mp15dc2000

Post by mp15dc2000 »

Hi Tim

I can answer some of your questions. the input speed sensor is not used for engine rpm. VR3 is for the input sensor and the VR1 is used for the output speed sensor. the PCM switchs are circuits, switchA is EGT4 ,switchB is GP12, and switchC is EGT3. As for the 2wd/4wd switch, if you have 2wd leave the circuit out. As for the engine rpm i dont know about that.

Brad
mp15dc2000

Post by mp15dc2000 »

Hi again Tim

You can a TPS ,MAP or MAF to the megashift for standalone, the 4L60E build guide tells how to add th parts. If megashift is connected to CAN, megashift gets
info for load,rpm plus someothers. With CAN not connected you lose the over/under rev protection and battery votage PWM adjustments.
You will have some extra resisters left over, if you have transisters and others those are probly for the switchA,B,C circuits.

I hope some of this helps, i cant wait to build mine. little short on cash.

Brad
dch

Post by dch »

Well as far as the 2/4wd you can leave this out if you are 2wd , for the pressure switches they are swA,swB and swC and you built them already. For the non can items EGT1 is set up for this you can bring in MAP or TPS I don't know if we need both and the ISS can be a RPM input ( ISS is 31 teeth, the input / output logic is not configured yet so the ISS could be a RPM input if we need ). For EGT1 you built it the same as EGT3,4 then set your setting in Megatune. Hopefully Lance can chime inn and help out, there will be some extra parts when ordered from Digikey. The 4.7 ohm 5w resistor and 1N4001 diode is for voltage spikes for the PC solenoid I have not tested this with the late model 4L80 w/614hz solenoid
mp15dc2000

Post by mp15dc2000 »

Hi dch,

Hi all the input speed sensor being used as a tach might will not work, as the rpm will change when the tranny is in 4th gear!
Unless the code is changed to know that.

Brad