MSP6907-ND line pressure sensor

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
joe

MSP6907-ND line pressure sensor

Post by joe »

Looking through the GPIO docs I see a reference to a digikey MSP6907-ND sensor used for line pressure measurement.

Reviewing the Digikey datasheet I am unable to find any kind of pressure/voltage reference.

Anybody have any information on this sensor voltage/pressure?? Will there be an MSP6907-ND.INC in the code??

Thanks,
Joe
Bernard Fife

Re: MSP6907-ND line pressure sensor

Post by Bernard Fife »

Joe,

The output voltage is a simple ratio of the input line pressure over the 0.5 to 4.5 Volt range (when used with a 5 Volt supply).

Because of the linear output, the ADC count to pressure conversion could have been handled in the code with a simple equation, but instead the linefactor.inc file is used in the code as an ADC count to pressure look-up table instead (attached below) to make it easier for users to add non-linear sensors (like additional temperature sensors, etc.) of their choice to the code.

The code also has the option to report the ADC count directly (to MT/TS) where it can be converted using equations in the INI file, which would mean you wouldn't have to re-compile the code when changing the input device.

Lance.
Attachments
linefactor.zip
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
joe

Re: MSP6907-ND line pressure sensor

Post by joe »

Lance,

Thanks for the reply- Thats what I was looking for.

Joe