ZF HP8xx

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
tobmag

ZF HP8xx

Post by tobmag »

Hi.

Just got my eyes on this tranny as it seems to be available on the scrapyards today...

Fitted in many cars from -08? but as I see it most possible to get one from a BMW, will take a 450nm tq unless you find one from a Bentley or a RR that will take 900nm.

This is a 8 speed tranny but just using 2 clutches and 3 breaks making it fairly easy to control??

Been on Google now for quite some time but it seems that the info is very limited.

Anyone out here that is sitting on more in depth info on hydraulics and electronics??

BR//Tobmag
tobmag

Re: ZF HP8xx

Post by tobmag »

Found this from Audi...its interesting but a bit expensive

http://admin.audionlinetraining.com/Upl ... ission.pdf

BR//Tobmag
Coyote_ar

Post by Coyote_ar »

Hi Tobmag, so did you ever got to work on the 8HPxx with megashift?
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

I did look at this for a while but dropped it since the most common ones (BMW etc) cant handle that much power unless you find one from a RR or Bently....but you can then imagen the price :-)

Na, I'm staing with my 4L80E since its quite cheap to get it to handle to 1000hp

BR//Tobmag
Coyote_ar

Post by Coyote_ar »

Yeah, the 8HP45 wont handle THAT much torque. 8HP75 does handle more, but again not meant for 1000hp applications. Only the 8HP90 will handle that.

Did you find any useful information while you were looking into this?
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Hi.

No I didnt look around for any more info, probably you can ask at any BMW or Audi community/forum.

BR//Tobmag
Coyote_ar

Post by Coyote_ar »

im trying that, but no luck so far. most enthusiasts either avoid AT cars, or just remove them and replace them with a MT.

putting in a 8HP is not something has considered a good idea yet :P

but ill keep trying to get some info on the inner workings of that transmission.