No gear position

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
blueblazer

No gear position

Post by blueblazer »

Trying to figure out why I don't show a gear position. The gauge has -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and only sits at 0 no matter where I move my shift lever. I double checked the wiring between the ecu plug and the trans plug and all my wires match per the wiring schematic. When I set up the basic tune I selected 4L60E.

Been having a lot of issues with this build. Even have a post over on the msextra forum about my CAN error. What does work for me currently is the VSS shows vehicle speed and the trans temp seems accurate. The brake switch reading is working as well.

4L60E, GPIO board with 5101 firmware.
Bernard Fife

Re: No gear position

Post by Bernard Fife »

blueblazer,

A datalog would let us see if the shift lever inputs are being activated properly, and an MSQ would let us see if the lever setup is okay. So if you could post those, we would be able to have a better look.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
blueblazer

Re: No gear position

Post by blueblazer »

Still not looking like the system knows if I'm in gear but it runs through the gears when I drive around. I'll post my msq and log tomorrow when I can have my brother run the laptop while I drive. Really happy the CAN is working and the GPIO has enough signals to drive.