Selective clutch for when engaging TCC

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: Selective clutch for when engaging TCC

Post by Bernard Fife »

Martin,

No problem at all. I'm quite thick about these things, and often end up considering too many possibilities when trying to turn plain (but inevitably somewhat ambiguous) language, especially my own words, into precise code.

The attached 5.101i code has a new function for the spare ports 1 and 2 in clutch mode.
Monitor_5101i.abs.s19
(83.94 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
GPIO_MShift_5101i.ini
(292.04 KiB) Downloaded 609 times
Under 'Shift Output Patterns _> Clutch TCC Activation' you'll find a number of settings to also activate the spare port when the TCC is engaged. The is a time duration called the 'Activation Period' (which can range from 0.00 to 2.50 seconds in 0.01 second steps; the default is 1.00 second), and then each gear has a choice to 'Don't apply SP1 [or SP2] with TCC in X Gear' (the default for all gears) OR 'Apply SP1 [or SP2] with TCC in X Gear' (what you want for 3rd gear).

This seems to work on my bench (I tested primarily with sp2, but the code for sp1 is identical), and doesn't appear to mess up the existing TCC functions. But that's a very complicated area of the code, so it will require more testing.

There are no docs for this yet, other than this thread, but I will work on it.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

When I tried to update my main controller project settings with the new ini I got the attached errors.

Trouble is that I now cannot open my main controller project! :evil:

If anyone knows how I can avoid having to create a new project???
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Addcted,

I don't get that error here with TS 2.6.19. I will re-upload the INI file, on the chance it was corrupted on my upload or your download.
GPIO_MShift_5101i.ini
(292.11 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
Your should probably re-download it yourself, it sounds like the first section of the INI you are trying to use is messsed up.

If you are connecting directly to the GPIO board, you can try renaming the INI file to "mainController.INI' and then put it in the Project's projectCfg subfolder (rename the existing file to something like "mainController.old"). That might save you having to create a new project.

If your project uses the engine controller to pass-through the MShift info, then you'll probably want to rename the ini to CAN1.ini. This is less likely to work than the above, though, as there's much more to be set up and so much more to go wrong.

However, there's no value "TurboBaud" setting anywhere in the MShift INI, so the problem might be with the engine INI or a custom.ini if you have one.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Hi Lance,

It works fine when connected directly to the GPIO, the error came when I tried to set it as the ini for CAN..

I'll try some renaming

Martin

EDIT:

simply copying the ini into the projectcfg and renaming it to CAN1.ini worked perfectly :D

right then, lets drive to Austria
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Just a quick note Lance, I'm back from Austria! 2400 miles with a totally reliable megashift!

I'll post up a success story when I get a spare 15 minutes, but I thought I'd let you know :Image
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Very cool!
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Hello Lance,

I still cannot use the 5.101 code due to the error mentioned previously (the turbobaud error) and I'm not sure how to move forward..

I've tried downloading the ini again but the error persists.

Direct connection between TS and MSGPIO is fine. Its only when I try to update the ini for CAN1 when TS is connected to the MS2 ECU..
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Addicted,

There's no value "TurboBaud" setting anywhere in the MShift INI (there never has been), so the problem might be with the engine INI or a custom.ini if you have one. If you post your engine's INI, I will have a look to see what is wrong.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Addicted,

Actually, I am seeing the same error too. I will sort this out with Phil and report back here.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Martin,

I think the attached 5.101i INI will fix your issue (it does on my bench). I am not sure what the problem was, and it doen't seem to have anything to do with "TurboBaud". I just re-arranged some elements in the INI to match older INI's (after cleaning them up between 5.100 and 5.101) and now it works. I am sorry to take so long to get to this!
GPIO_MShift_5101i.ini
(292.18 KiB) Downloaded 623 times
Monitor_5101i.abs.s19
(83.94 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
(This might be slightly different than the earlier 5.101i code, I don't recall exactly. But the fix is all in the INI and the S19 is just here for convenience if needed later.)

Lance.