Vss circuit discrepancy

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Rukavina

Vss circuit discrepancy

Post by Rukavina »

I have had issue with vss like a lot of us on the 4l80 build. The build sheet and bom ask for 47pf capacitors in locations c28 ,c29,c32,c33.
I was looking at the actual board schematics and found that there are different values. The " speedup caps" are 470pf on these prints........
I have went with a circuit using a nte995 tachometer chip. I am fighting noise right now and it works perfect until I stop moving. I will get it(it's a learning experience) but if this misprint was the issue with so many ........
Addicted

Re: Vss circuit discrepancy

Post by Addicted »

This explains why the label on the bag of 47pf caps from the DIY Autotune kit is labeled C28, C29, C32, C33.. I did wonder