Idle up adjustment

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
gui67

Idle up adjustment

Post by gui67 »

Hello Lance,
I saw this week that my IAC valve was more close then what it should be when I made a stop: 20 steps less then desired.
After looking in the MShift parameters, i saw that it corresponds to the value I have in the idle valve adjutment.
So i tried -20 and it adds 20 step, which increases the idle RPM.

I don't know if there is the wrong explanation in Tunerstudio or if MS3 substracts the value instead of adding it. Now it is good for me, but maybe something should be corrected either in the documentation or the MS3 code or the Mshift code for future users.

Should I also ask people from the MS3 forum?

Guillaume
Bernard Fife

Re: Idle up adjustment

Post by Bernard Fife »

Guillaume,

Thanks for spotting this. There is an error in the INI. The INI sends to the ECU the negative of the value you specify in TS. I am not sure how that crept in, it might have result from copy and pasting the advance retards (since retard is negative advance...)

You can fix this in any MShift INI with a text editor. Search for a line in the INI like this:

IACAdjngear = scalar, S16, 604, "", -1.00, 0.00000, -25, 25, 0 ; Idle adjustment on MS-II when gear == 1, tps == 0, speed == 0

change it to this:

IACAdjngear = scalar, S16, 604, "", 1.00, 0.00000, -25, 25, 0 ; Idle adjustment on MS-II when gear == 1, tps == 0, speed == 0

This had been done in the attached INI for 4.145. I will apply this change to all future INIs.

Lance.
Attachments
GPIO_MShift_4145.ini
(221.4 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw