Trouble up shifting

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
camomcharo

Trouble up shifting

Post by camomcharo »

Iv'e been testing a subaru 4eat in a sand rail with ms2 and mshift 4.103 I'm using ford voltage input @ gpi1/pado0.
The problem is when shifting into second gear it holds out to long before its shifts. The target gear gauge and current gear gauge move at the same time and don't move to 2nd until the cursor in the table reaches almost 3rd. If I deactivate sol-1
the trans goes right into 2nd gear,the datalog shows that ever thing is working right i just waits to long! Does any one have any idea what could cause this?
thanks for any help.
camomcharo

Re: Trouble up shifting

Post by camomcharo »

Up date;
I put the car on blocks to get a data log. Started car, throtled up and the target gear gauge flased to 3rd and back to 1st twice then lost CAN com; engine went rich
and quit. Had to reload s19 and ini (4.103) and the trans started shifting corectly. This the second time it's done that, the first time i thought is was a fluke but now it's seems that the program is being corupted. I know that the ford voltage can do this but i think I've fixed it . I did not build paddle shift cirkt. could this cause the prob? I'm running boost do i need to change the load bins like you would on the ve table? I'm open to any sugestions. Thanks