Mitsubishi W4A32 Trans (Common Ground)

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
roleyrev

Mitsubishi W4A32 Trans (Common Ground)

Post by roleyrev »

Hi,
This is looking good to go. I have most of the required information (just waiting on a ocillioscope to do the PWM periods). 2 shift solenoids, one line pressure PWM solenoids and a PWM lockup solenoid. A set of posistion switches. Curve Ball: all solenoids are ground referanced, ground provided by the trans case. Anybody out there able to help with a positive going driver circuit for grounded solenoids? Already have an MS2 extra taking care of engine management (4G63) so will be "can"ing engine load etc. Im intending on doing a full howto and posting online.

Cheers

John
96 Mitsubishi RVR
4G63 Ms2 Extra
Christchurch
New Zealand
camomcharo

Re: Mitsubishi W4A32 Trans (Common Ground)

Post by camomcharo »

Look under board assembly / GPIO pnp for 4eat, it has cirt. for npn driving pnp (tip 125) and p-fet you will need to make a trigger board.
roleyrev

Re: Mitsubishi W4A32 Trans (Common Ground)

Post by roleyrev »

Cheers for that, I have has a nosey, it looks like what I need.

John