330 ohm pull up resistors needed for swA, swB, and swC? 4l80

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
12lbchevelle

330 ohm pull up resistors needed for swA, swB, and swC? 4l80

Post by 12lbchevelle »

Hey here is one thing I am wondering as I finish the gpio.

As I understand it, I have the option of using the internal pressure switch manifold or an external manual gear lever determination for swA, swB, and swC. Is this correct?

If so, I think I would prefer to use the internal switch manifold. If this is used, do I install the 330 ohm pullup resistors?

Thanks,

Dan
Bernard Fife

Re: 330 ohm pull up resistors needed for swA, swB, and swC?

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dan,

You have to use whatever you trans comes with (unless you want to do a bunch of custom electrical fabrication and switching). Since you said in another thread that you are using a 4L80E, you use the 3 digital switches (In1, In2 & In3) in the pressure switch manifold to determine the position of the manual gear lever (and the code uses this to determine what is the highest forward gear it should use, or if the trans is in PNR and the controller isn't in control of the gear selection).

For the 4L80E (and 4L60E) these switches ground the signal, so the pull-ups are required.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
12lbchevelle

Re: 330 ohm pull up resistors needed for swA, swB, and swC?

Post by 12lbchevelle »

Thanks Lance, excellent support!