Ford Auto trans details

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: Ford Auto trans details

Post by Bernard Fife »

DMX, Daniel;

Okay, I have the voltage based manual shift lever detection in the code now (for Ford, etc.). If using the Ford scheme, the other two inputs formerly assigned to the shift lever detection (for GM) can be used for general voltage signal logging (they are in the gauges and datalog in the INI, so they can be labelled/scaled however the user likes without touching the code). If not used for shifting, however, the second 'unused' input can also be configured for an overdrive button signal instead of the shift lever (where the shift lever doesn't have a discrete 4th/OD).

I have also added the option to use the spare ports as 'clutch' drivers - that is, they are only active during shifts. The user can set the on/off pattern for each upshift or downshift.

I also moved the CAN variable updates into the 0.01 second section (otherwise it wouldn't update if the shift inputs were floating - like when building a bare board - more of a problem on the bench than in the car). And I have verified that the power, processor, crystal, serial and CAN circuits all work fine on the production boards.

So now I need to test these changes, hopefully I haven't screwed anything else up! I will update you all in a few days.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
devojet

Re: Ford Auto trans details

Post by devojet »

Those additions sound great Lance. It's no big deal not having an OD switch input, with some clever wiring the OD switch can be included with the selector inputs.

Cheers

Daniel.