I've been working with 5.101 and have not been able to get it to work with my set up when i load my gear config. it crashes the program. When i load 1st gear
on or off line ( off,on, on ) for 1st it turns the current gear gauge red and says 5 or 6 I have a 4 speed. When shifting from park to neutral its ok when i drop in
in 4th the gauge needle goes to -1 and says 5 or 6 the trans doesn't shift and the program shuts down. I've haven't been able to isolate the problem! Could you
look at my msq. and see ifs me or some incompatibility. I am now using 4146.
I can't load your MSQ, it doesn't appear to have any MShift parameters in it. It appears to be for an engine controller. So it's not surprising that it doesn't work.
You need to load an MSQ with just the MShift settings (or MShift with 2.920 engine code), if you have one.
It's also possible that your MShift MSQ is corrupt (if that's what you were trying to load). Have you tried changing the settings manually?
If that doesn't work, you should try connecting the serial cable directly to the GPIO board, and load the appropriate settings that way. If that works, then it would appear that the engine controller is not passing the parameters along to MShift properly.
Finally, I will be away for several days for a family funeral (starting tomorrow morning), and won't have access to my usual test bench and debugging tools for that time (though I will try to check in on the forums when I can). So you might want to stick with 4.146 for now until I can check more possibilities.
Thanks for looking, its not surprising that i grabbed the wrong msq I've had a mess going on here. I'm going to dunes this week so can test this trans its
different than the previous trans that i started out with this trans has a direct control valve body and seems to be better suited for mshift. I've done several
clean installs and originally thought it was a ford voltage issue because i have a glitch between reverse and neutral changing the ignore time didn't help.
I tried ( 4th only) no help either, Ill sort through my mess and get a msq and see if we can figure it out.
Sorry to here about your family's loss my condolences for you and your family.
P.S. I like the new features in 5101 and I'm anxious to try them out nice work!
Thanks for the kind words of condolence.
If you haven't already, setting the 'Lever Error Behavior' to 'Ignore Lever errors' under 'General Settings -> Error Behavior' might help with this. If that doesn't help, you might need to experiment with the voltage dead band (under 'Shift Input Patterns -> Configure Inputs').thought it was a ford voltage issue because i have a glitch between reverse and neutral changing the ignore time didn't help
I think so, I just found out that I could use temp project to look at the MSQ in TS, I'm still learning.
I did some testing at the dunes with 4146 when I would climb a hill at full throttle the trans would shift and the engine would stall
I looked at the datalog and it showed that the trans had shifted from 2nd to 3rd and 4th in 2 seconds it should of stayed in 2nd.
I was able to shift manually and it shifted OK at low throttle. I did not have paddle shift at all, the rpm check was off and the datalog shows the shift into 4th around 50 mph and 245 kpa and it shouldn't have. The up side to the trip is that
the trans proved to be a viable alternative to an expensive manual 4 speed trans "mendola". So now i'm tearing down the
car for paint and that should give me time to get the msq problem figured out.
I think something is wrong with your CANbus setup. In your datalog, the rpm is always zero, and the load and tps are zero as well. This will lead to some strange behavior as the controller expects these values to be accurate when connected over the CANbus.
You may need to enter the correct offsets for your engine controller code (and MShift code, as 5.1xx codes have expanded options for this). There is much more on this here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V5tune.html#oa
I am not sure what the offsets should be for your engine code, which appears to be msx3.3.3. You might be able to find them in the link above, or on the msextra forum, or with a little luck someone using that code will see this post and reply with the correct values.
Thank you for finding that. I cant believe I never noticed the fact that I didn't have any CAN_TPS, CAN_LOAD and CAN_RPM I looked at the data log when I got home and big 0 on all I had been looking at the engine parameters. I can see how that could be a problem and it makes sense because when I throttled up it would up shift instead of down shifting. Now I just need to learn how to set MSextra's can settings.
It's sometimes difficult to spot the relevant parameters in the sea of data we can now generate! Hopefully now you will be able to sort this. Let us know how it goes.
It is working great, I get the tps, RPM in mshift and I ger the gear n°, speed in MS3. The MShift also can change timing and the IAC steps
http://g.scheidt.free.fr/camaro/4L80e/C ... %20MS3.jpg