CAN TPS values erratic or scaled down

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
gboezio

CAN TPS values erratic or scaled down

Post by gboezio »

Hi, I have updated my GPIO firmware from 2,200 to V 4,125, I have done this to fix the 100% reverse line pressure and to cure a no speed shift hysterisis issue, 89,5 km/h would cause downshift and 90,5 would cause upshift in some situations even if the speed hysteresis was set to 10 km/h.

Now I can't drive the Jeep to test it with the new firmware since the CAN TPS once in the trans controller is unusable, I have made a datalog so you can compare engine TPS and trans TPS, but there is no such thing and load follows MAP, so I have made a video, you can see that while I press the go pedal it does not follow and become erratic past 30ish%then it will sort of follow while backing down under 30%, note that the load indicator stays in KPA but the Shift table operate on the CAN TPS like it should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hpggVTa ... e=youtu.be

Thanks for help
Attachments
2013-06-26_12.53.01.msl
(417.55 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
Trans_CurrentTune.msq
(45.06 KiB) Downloaded 819 times
Bernard Fife

Re: CAN TPS values erratic or scaled down

Post by Bernard Fife »

gboezio,

Oops, I have buggered up the TPS, and this may be related to some other issues I am hunting down related to the MAP, short term load, and other load values like TPS. I hope to have a fix out this evening or tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, you should probably revert to 2.204 code: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/fi ... 04.abs.s19

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

gboezio,

I have put new 4.126 code here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/V41code.html

This fixes the TPS issue, at least on my bench.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gboezio

Post by gboezio »

Fixes it on my Jeep as well :D
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

That's good, thanks for letting us know.