Manual Mode Help (4t65ehd) newbie

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Bernard Fife

Re: Manual Mode Help (4t65ehd) newbie

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dave,

I meant blink the active LEDs. So if you were in first, the first LED would blink the rest would stay off. In second two LEDs would blink and the rest would stay off. etc.

While using a spare output is possible, they already have quite a few options, and I hesitate to mess with the logic in that area unless there is a substantial demand for it. However, it may be easier than I remember (I haven't looked at that part of the code for several months). I will have a look and see if it's straightforward or not.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
davey1990

Post by davey1990 »

Ok the blinking led will work great no extra wires to run and dont have to worry about the spare outputs getting messed up

Thanks
davey1990

Post by davey1990 »

Any update on the code changes?

Thanks
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Davey,

I am working on the changes when I get a chance, but haven't had as much time as I had hoped to get this done. I am now aiming to have it out some time next week.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
davey1990

Post by davey1990 »

As the race season gets closer im just wondering if you have had a chance to get this all work out

Thanks
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Davey,

I haven't had a chance to look at this, but it is next on my list. I will have a look in the next day or two and report here.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Davey 1990,

Okay, Here's some test code for you to try:
Monitor_4104t.abs.s19
4.104 test code with option to flash LEDs when in manual shift mode.
(73.44 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
and here's the INI that gives the option to change whether the LEDs flash or not:

<edit>Attachment removed by admin - use INI in following post</edit>

The code should flash the LEDs in manual mode once per second, if the user selects the option to flash the LEDs in manual shift mode. In auto shift mode, the appropriate LEDs will be lit continuously.

The user option can be found under 'LED Patterns -> Flash LEDs in Manual -> Flash LEDs in Manual Mode'. The default in this code is to flash in manual, but this may change if the code is released.

It is completely untested (that will be next, but I wanted you to have something to work with right away), so use only with great caution. Let us know if it works for you, or if there are problems.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

The INI immediately above has an incrementing error. The version below fixes this:
GPIO_MShift_4104t.ini
Fixed INI for 4.104t test code.
(205.96 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
Sorry! Lance.
davey1990

Post by davey1990 »

The blinking led works great. but I noticed now I have to hold the shift buttons longer to perform a shift. This isn't a huge problem but when in first gear if I wait for the shift light to come on I will miss the shift and it will bounce off the rev limiter. I never seem to have this problem till this update? I cant lower the shift button duration any lower then 25 per the code

Thanks
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Davey,

I will have a look. The shift duration calculations (called "Shift Button Duration/shftr_accum" in the code and INI) were changed a little while ago, and that may cause what you are seeing. It may be that we need to look at that again.

In the meantime, you could change the lower limit by editing the INI if you wished. I am not in front of my computer at the moment, but will post instructions to do this tomorrow.

Lance.