different input for neutral does not work

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Mustang68

different input for neutral does not work

Post by Mustang68 »

I'm working on a Rangerover with a zf 4HP24 that not a problem so far the shifts are working it is not that different, canbus with the ms3 works.
The problem I have is that the gearlever input for P and N is different while for a gm its the same, i can set it up different in TS but its giving a error -99 in mshift 2.2 and 4.1 with 2.111 its does not give a error it just does not go to 0 but stays in the previous gear in TS.

Jacco
Bernard Fife

Re: different input for neutral does not work

Post by Bernard Fife »

Jacco,

The P and N problem is not unexpected. As you say, they are the same input pattern for GM transmissions, and the code expects them to be the same, but later codes have allowed the input patterns to be different (to allow for transmissions like yours). However, the code is not complete for different P & N, so that may be why you are getting the error (-99).

The -99 error was just added (previously it was ignored), which is why it wasn't reported in the 2.111 code. But it shouldn't affect the operation of the trans in any way since you are in P/N and not a driven gear.

However, this really should be fixed so that the code is as general as possible, and I will work on this shortly. I will post new code in the 'Latest Code Updates' thread when I have something for you to try.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Jacco,

In looking at the code, I see I already did what I had planned to do to fix the P/N issue, but I have screwed up a small part of it. I hope to have new beta code out soon that will fix this. You can give it a try when you get a chance. If that works, I will make the changes to the release code as well. If it doesn't work, maybe you could post your MSQ and a datalog here.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Jacco,

Here is 4.101 beta code and INI for you to try. It has the simplest possible changes (to do with how the 4th input can be set):

Code:
Monitor_4101.abs.s19
(72.46 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
INI:
GPIO_MShift_4101.ini
(203.95 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
I haven't tested this code, but will do that when I get a chance. If it works for you, we are done. If it doesn't, could you post your MSQ and a brief datalog that illustrates the problem.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

I found another very small potential P/N issue with the code, and have fixed it with this version:
Monitor_4101b.abs.s19
It uses the same INI as above.

Lance.
Mustang68

Post by Mustang68 »

Lance thanks for the fast replies, i have bench tested your fix but unfortunately no success. When testing i found out if you set all 3 inputs low for N it works but that is 3rd for my shift-lever (i switched those in the TS shift-lever setup when testing) it works in v4.1 v4.101 and v4.101b
Attached i have the basic v4.101b msq after flashing the firmware with only the shift in/outputs changed for my shift-lever and solenoids.

I hope its enough information

Jacco
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Jacco,

A short datalog that captures you shifting the lever manually through PNR4 would help too. In the meantime I will look more closely in the code.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Jacco,

I have an idea on what to do next. This afternoon I will post quote with a further fix, and I will include some diagnostic abilities for the shift lever position sensing.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Jacco,

I found an issue with the 4th lever input when Park is selected (a term was inadvertently left out of an assignment). That issue is fixed with this code (uses the same INI as above):
Monitor_4101c.abs.s19
In addition to making that fix, the VSS error channel has been 'borrowed' to indicate:
- 0 if a forward or reverse gear is selected
- 10 if neutral is selected
- 25 if park is selected
- 99 if no lever position matches.

These should show up as 'dbug' in a datalog ('VSS Errors' in the gauges) and the values should help diagnose what is happening.

Lance.
Mustang68

Post by Mustang68 »

Lance,

I tested the code still no success. With the right inputcode i have code 10 for P and 99 for N
The attachment Good input.msl is no longer available
, if i change the input code of 3rd and N around (in N all low) it works perfect but i get 10 for D and 25 for N
3rd and N swapped.msl
(126.55 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
Jacco