ABS/TCS retrofit

A forum for discussing the applications and implementations of the DIY general code template for the GPIO and its 25 user inputs and outputs (+ serial & CAN). The code is 99% complete, the user just has to add their own conditional I/O logic and compile (with a free special Edition of CodeWarrior).
Bernard Fife

Re: ABS/TCS retrofit

Post by Bernard Fife »

Chris,

We continue to work on this, and it is coming along slowly. However, it is a fair way down our priority list, and nothing is likely to be released in the near future.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
nvidrine

Post by nvidrine »

I would like to help on this project if I can. I have modest experience in electrical control systems, abs systems, and have access to some newer bosch units for inspection/disassembly with access to diagrams, some schematics, and info.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

nvidrine,

We simply haven't had time to make progress on this (other projects, some yet to be revealed, are always a higher priority, it seems). There is certainly nothing to stop one one or more of you from doing this project. Several people have volunteered their time, perhaps someone can volunteer to coordinate the project. You can base it on the GPIO hardware and template code (http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/iocode/code.htm), or anything else of your choosing, of course.

If a new project is based on the GPIO, we will try to contribute where we can. We won't supply our current project, mostly because it would take too much effort to support it properly (by explaining how things work, how they have and have not yet been tested, etc.). But a person could recreate the code themselves in a few weeks of evenings, I suspect; less if it was a cooperative effort (the majority of the effort is in the debugging and testing on the target hardware and in real vehicles, plus the documentation).
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
phongshader

Post by phongshader »

It's been 3 years since the last post...is this project stillborn?
MSII 2.88, V2.2, Megatune 2.25, LC-1
Olds 215 v8 in a '59 Alfa Romeo Spider 2000
-------------------------------------------------
MS2/Extra 3.1, V3, TS 1, LC-1
Duratec 2.3, GSXR itb, Locost
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Not so much stillborn as died on the vine due to neglect and a lack of interest. But anyone could reboot it with the GPIO hardware and code (http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/iocode/code.htm) plus some research and work.
phongshader

Post by phongshader »

That's a shame, I've always been interested but didn't keep asking, ah well....
MSII 2.88, V2.2, Megatune 2.25, LC-1
Olds 215 v8 in a '59 Alfa Romeo Spider 2000
-------------------------------------------------
MS2/Extra 3.1, V3, TS 1, LC-1
Duratec 2.3, GSXR itb, Locost