Input not working with newest code

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Halldorsson

Input not working with newest code

Post by Halldorsson »

When using the latest code (5.104) for megashift input2 always stays low no matter what, I use the three inputs 1,2,3 for digital shift lever.
The circuit is working properly it gives 5V to processor and 0V when grounded.
When I switch to older code (4.146) everything works as it should.

Anybody has an idea for this?

Stefan
Bernard Fife

Re: Input not working with newest code

Post by Bernard Fife »

Stefan,

I will have a look on my bench. Could you post a datalog and your MSQ settings file of the problem in the meantime? It is possible that this could be a configuration issue, and a datalog always help eliminate possibilities more quickly.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Stefan,

Input 2 isn't working on my bench either (though the input 2 voltage swings from 0 to 5V on the gauge appropriately). Thanks for spotting this and bringing it up. I will fix it and post new code here as soon as I have a fix (it's likely a typo somewhere in the code, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be easy to find...).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Stefan,

This 5.105ti test code and INI should work better for you:
Monitor_5105ti.abs.s19
(84.51 KiB) Downloaded 1130 times
GPIO_MShift_5105.ini
(297.42 KiB) Downloaded 1120 times
Input 2 now works as it should in limited testing on my bench.

The problem was in the way the code distinguishes between the GPIO hardware and the MicroTCU hardware.

The logic was obviously wrong, but I am not quite sure why it was written that way originally. So I need to figure that out at some point.

Let us know if this doesn't work for you.

Lance.
Halldorsson

Post by Halldorsson »

Lance

I just tested the new code and everything seems to be working so far.

Thank you for quick response, now I can go on with my project.

Stefan
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Stefan,

Thanks for letting us know. If there's anything else that doesn't seem right, please post about it and we will get it sorted.

Lance.
slyrye

Post by slyrye »

Input 4 is not working as well on the latest code :(
slyrye

Post by slyrye »

There seems to be a problem with Input 4 in TunerStudio there are no selection on the "Predefined Indicators" and Input 4 is non responsive on latest code 5.202, any insights on this? thanks very much
slyrye

Post by slyrye »

lance are you there brother? :(
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

looks dead... nothing from anyone, Lance or B&G .....