Having trouble loading the software and gpio file

A forum for discussing the applications and implementations of the DIY general code template for the GPIO and its 25 user inputs and outputs (+ serial & CAN). The code is 99% complete, the user just has to add their own conditional I/O logic and compile (with a free special Edition of CodeWarrior).
gte

Having trouble loading the software and gpio file

Post by gte »

I'm trying to do the steps below, I do not have a GPIO as I want to evaluate some things first. Am I not able to complete the steps below and evaluate this without the GPIO board?

http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/

This program reads all the runtime variables from MS-II™/MicroSquirt®/other GPIO boards, etc. over CAN many times per second and allows you to input logic conditions based on any of the CAN variables as well as the 12 on-board GPIO input channels (6 ADCs, 4 digital, and 2 timer channels), and allows you to use these to control 12 outputs (4 PWM and 8 on/off):

TemplateCWproject_1101.zip
(Contains the Monitor.abs.s19 file you load to your GPIO, it is in the /BIN/ folder.)

When you use this template project, the first thing to do is to load the S19 in the /BIN/ folder. Set up a project in TunerStudio using the included GPIO.INI file. Load and run the code to verify that the CAN comms are working (there are gauges for CAN Receive and Transmit - Tx should be twice Rx when the GPIO is grabbing the outpc data from the engine ECU). For instructions (and a video) on setting up the CAN pass-through capability, see: the CAN Pass-Through web page.

Then compile the default project code without any changes. Load the resulting S19 file to the controller and test the serial and CAN comms. If that doesn't work, you need to figure out why it doesn't compile properly on your computer (since we know it works on other computers).

You load the template code like any other MShift/MicroSquirt code; the instructions are here: Bootloader Instructions

There is a compatible INI file (GPIO.ini) file for TunerStudio in the main project folder of the zip file above. You can get TunerStudio to activate this file for your template project by:

Opening a new or exiting TunerStudio project that you will use for your template code,
Using the menus to get to TunerStudio's 'Project -> Project Properties',
Click on 'Show Advanced/Offline Setup'
Click on 'Other/Browse',
Locate the GPIO.INI file and click on it to have TunerStudio activate it for your Project.
Bernard Fife

Re: Having trouble loading the software and gpio file

Post by Bernard Fife »

gte,

Obviously you can't load software to a board you don't have. You can still load the Codewarrior compiler and template project on your desktop computer to modify and and compile code (see: http://cache.freescale.com/lgfiles/devs ... =Downloads), but you won't be able to verify that it actually does what you want it to do, of course.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
gte

Re: Having trouble loading the software and gpio file

Post by gte »

There was a work offline function that I thought I would be able to use, so I can evaluate the capabilities of this and see if they match with what I would like to do.

I will look at the link you've provided now, thanks.