GPIO main boards and heat sinks are now available

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
Matt Cramer

GPIO main boards and heat sinks are now available

Post by Matt Cramer »

Ok, we've had some people asking us to just release what it is we have and they'll get the rest figured out. So, we've released what we have. First is the GPIO Board Partial Kit. This includes the main board, SMD components, AMPSEAL connector, and 3' long wires with precrimped AMPSEAL pins.

We've also released a GPIO Heat Sink cut from 1/8" aluminum plate. And you can use an Innovate serial cable with the jack. Other items - the jack, cases, application packages, and the like - will be along soon. I'll have some real pictures up soon as well.
427v8

Re: GPIO main boards and heat sinks are now available

Post by 427v8 »

Sweet!
So Matt.
I ordered the GPIO, heatsink and the voltage reg.
But you say "You'll need to add the connector jack"

Which jack is this?
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

427v8 wrote:Sweet!
So Matt.
I ordered the GPIO, heatsink and the voltage reg.
But you say "You'll need to add the connector jack"

Which jack is this?
For the serial connection. It uses a KC-300416 stereo jack. We plan on ordering these but you should be able to find an equivalent at Radio Shack or Fry's, or order one from Digi-Key.
427v8

Post by 427v8 »

Ah, great, Thanks!
That's what I suspected.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Just a note, I don't believe the KC-300416 serial jack is available from Digi-Key. Mouser has it, though. Mouser lists it as 161-2502, last time I looked.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

Lance wrote:Just a note, I don't believe the KC-300416 serial jack is available from Digi-Key. Mouser has it, though. Mouser lists it as 161-2502, last time I looked.

Lance.
Correct - forgot to check who carried it.
Mario

Post by Mario »

This is great, but I think I can wait for a complete kit. :mrgreen:
leeleatherwood

Post by leeleatherwood »

so if i bought the Partial Kit, Voltage regulator, Serial connector and made a case for it... would that be all thats needed to control a 4L80E?
dch

Post by dch »

You will still need the components from Digikey you can use the BOM from the http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/assembly.html, Mouser has the parts that are on back order. The quantity's in the BOM will work but there will be extras this is because of the price breaks. For the input & output VSS you will need 4 transistors 2N3904FS-ND (DIgikey#) . I will have better info after the build guide is complete and make a BOM list and add any updates.
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
rufusbooth

Post by rufusbooth »

Hi Matt,
Hoping I am not too much of a pain but I was wondering if you had any ETA on the full kits for the megashift 4l60e application yet.

Cheers,

Rufus