Megashift Stimulator?

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
tjabo

Megashift Stimulator?

Post by tjabo »

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if the status of the MShift/GPIO (?) stimulator had changed to a "yes" while I was away waiting for my 41te tester to get back to the trans. It seems he's almost back with us, so I'm trying to get back up to speed. If I could whip up a stimulator for testing my setup and getting familiar with the interface within MTune, it would be great.

Thanks!

Thad
Turbo Neon, converting to 41te trans sometime?
Bernard Fife

Re: Megashift Stimulator?

Post by Bernard Fife »

Thad,

I have received very little interest in the trans stim over the last few months, so nothing has been done. If enough interest is shown, I will get some made up.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
dch

Post by dch »

I would be interested in one
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
tjabo

Post by tjabo »

Do you find them to be generally useful for the kind of stuff I mentioned Lance, or are they only of any use for the 4L60e?

RacerStev is going to start working on figuring out the wiring and needed circuits for the 41te (and making up some diagrams like dch did for the 4L80e), so we should be getting back in the swing of things for that Beta testing. Unfortunate delay, but I still think there is going to be a lot of interest in this setup when we get one running well. Steve is excited about some of the features of the code with the solenoid dithering, refresh cycles, etc.

Thanks!

Thad
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Thad,

The plan for future releases of the trans stim is to:

- add the ability to implement a 'resistor' style shift lever (such as that seen on Fords) in addition to the 'digital' 3-switch style used on GM (since we already have a 2-pole 6-position switch in the BOM this is almost trivial),

- include more LED outputs to show the use of spare ports and things like that,

- possibly include a simple VSS signal generator (the crank wheel pulser can be used for this too, but a 'one-board' solution with a pot speed control is probably best).

The user would have to use the default 4L60E input pattern to get the gears right, but at least they could be sure that the input hardware worked once built (having a multiple jumper scheme to use custom input patterns might work too, but adds cost and complexity - two things that aren't wanted in a stim, I think).

Using the default input pattern, it's easy to see if the output pattern matches what you expect (based on the output patterns the users specifies). So it is generally pretty handy - I have used mine LOTS while developing the hardware/software.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tjabo

Post by tjabo »

Thanks Lance,

I'd be interested in one for sure, but without one it looks like I can probably get by to some extent. I just started reviewing my old posts, and I think you had indicated that I could probably manage with my old-school stim, my JimStim, and my MS2. I am running MS3 currently, but I can pop the MS2 back in for testing if necessary.

Next I'll be continuing to re-trace my old posts to refresh my recollections of all of this stuff from before.

Thad