GPIO being made up at CM right now...

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
BowlingSuperior
Site Admin

GPIO being made up at CM right now...

Post by BowlingSuperior »

As of right now (May 2, noon EST) 100 GPIO boards are making their way down the contract assembly line for SMT assembly! I should have these in-hand by the end of next week, I will then blast in a bootloader and check them out. t which point the first boards will be available :)

- Bruce
dch

Re: GPIO being made up at CM right now...

Post by dch »

:D woo hoo 8-) that is great news Thanks
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
rufusbooth

Post by rufusbooth »

Sweet! I will finally be able to get my truck on the ROAD! Thanks for the great update! This is excellent news! Consider this the first order, where do I send my Greenbacks?

:-)

Cheers,

Rufus
Brad-Man

Post by Brad-Man »

Yes - GREAT NEWS! - how to go about getting one - is anyone going to supply built ones and/or kits?
Blk 02

Post by Blk 02 »

so excited.... are these ready now? Can't wait much longer

Graham
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Graham,

These are not ready quite yet. Bruce has to burn the bootloader on them (my P&E BDM cable is dead, and I haven't replaced it yet). Then the boards need to come to me (mail or courier) for the final check-over (I have to build one and confirm all is well) and verifying the BOM, assembly instructions, etc.

Bruce may have already sent the production boards, I haven't asked him in the last week or so. When they get here and I have things in place, I will post a follow-up.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
rufusbooth

Post by rufusbooth »

Thanks for the update Lance! They keep me motivated to get my truck ready for the GPIO when it is ready.

Cheers,

Rufus
BB69

Post by BB69 »

I am also excited about seeing these boards. I am currently wiring up my engine and getting ready to fire it the first time. I will start with a stock ECM until the GPIO board is available. Then I will switch over to MS to run the engine and trans.

Thanks for the updates.

Ken
h22

Post by h22 »

Sweet ;) been a long wait, but it will be worth it, put me down for one, now i need to order a trans kit and start rebuilding my 4l60e! will they be available throught the standard supliers?
Joe
Brad-Man

Post by Brad-Man »

My 4L60E has already been rebuilt.

I am awaiting the GPIO board before ordering my MS2 and torque converter.

I have had a part in developing an adapter kit for GM trannies to Datsun L series engines, and can't wait to put the 4L60E behind mine and not have to deal with Atlanta traffic and a 5 speed tranny anymore!