Why wont the pms work

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
magnamx-5m

Why wont the pms work

Post by magnamx-5m »

I am at my wits end with this gpio. I get 5 volts out to the appropriate ports and down to the pressure manifold switch but, and if i ground the wire inside the connector to the pressure manifold switch it changes state, on my outputs. Reading the emperature works correctly etc, i just cant seem to get the gpio to recognize what gear i am in if any all of the inputs act as if nothing is connecting anywhere. Is my gpio messed up becouse i only output 5 volts to the input 1 (pin 26) input 2 (pin 6) input 3 (pin 25) . Any ideas here guys please help me. The donor vehicle ran fine with this trans and stock ecu btw and i installed a brand new pressure manifold switch when i first realized this problem was happening.
Bernard Fife

Re: Why wont the pms work

Post by Bernard Fife »

m-5m,

What transmission are you working with? Could you post an MSQ and a datalog of the problem?

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
magnamx-5m

Post by magnamx-5m »

4l60e there is nothing to log but here is a recent msq
Attachments
CurrentTune.msq
(36.27 KiB) Downloaded 1025 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

A log of you shifting the lever through the gears would be helpful, it will show what the controller is, or isn't, getting for signals. Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
magnamx-5m

Post by magnamx-5m »

I finally traced this to a burned out pcs (forcemotor) I get normal activation now thanks for all the help.