Future GPIO Kit Availability?

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
mspinale

Future GPIO Kit Availability?

Post by mspinale »

I've just installed a MS-II unit this week to control my LT1 and am thrilled with it so far. Like many thought, stuck with 4l60e and have no interest in retaining the factory PCM.

In terms of obtaining/assembling the hardware, I am wondering if the GPIO still needs to be pieced together from multiple sources? I did not see the board on the DIY site and was concerned about the digi problems.

Is there a hardware kit available now or anyone know of plans for one in near future?

Thanks!
Marc
dch

Re: Future GPIO Kit Availability?

Post by dch »

To date the GPIO board is still in BETA testing and is getting closer to a production run. There are some final tweeks being done to the board and verifcation no date has been set yet. I myself am hopping for this summer or ? but will wait till then. I'm sure ther will be a anouncement when it will be releasd
49 Willys panel wagon, 383stroker, Hilborn EFI conversion,msII v3, EDIS ,4L80E Image
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Marc,

I hope to sort out the Digi-Key ordering pages, but there's no guarantees. Digi-Key is willing to work with us on this, so when I get some time (hopefully soon) I will do my best to get them working.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if DIYautotune will supply full kits though. Perhaps Jerry or Matt can comment.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

dch,

The beta testing is essentially finished now, and the board design is finalized and being prepared for production (board fabrication, machine assembly, etc.). A 'sales date' is hard to forecast, there's lots of variables in the chain, but I am hoping it won't be too long.

The code is in good shape, and the latest Codewarrior project has been posted on the code page for people to play around with (it still compiles with the free 'special edition' of CW). I am working on the documentation (including the BOM and INI help links), and hope to have that in good shape over the next few weeks.

So we continue to move ahead quietly, though not as quickly as anyone (including me!) wants.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
mspinale

Post by mspinale »

Thanks everyone for the input! I'm really excited to try this out when ready... :D

-Marc
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

Lance wrote:Marc,

I hope to sort out the Digi-Key ordering pages, but there's no guarantees. Digi-Key is willing to work with us on this, so when I get some time (hopefully soon) I will do my best to get them working.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if DIYautotune will supply full kits though. Perhaps Jerry or Matt can comment.

Lance.
That's our intent, although if any unexpected surprises hold up making kits we won't let it get in the way of releasing the boards.