Is this the MSGPIO support forum?

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
tmoble

Re: Is this the MSGPIO support forum?

Post by tmoble »

Success!

Got the board back, works now. here's how:

12V positive --> ampseal pin #1
12V ground ---> ampseal pin #18

serial connector pin #2 --> orange --> ampseal pin #22

serial connector pin #3 --> blue --> ampseal pin #21

serial connector pin #5 --> brn --> ampseal pin #19

MegaSquirt Download 2.00

Reading C:/Documents and Settings/Tom/Desktop/Monitor_2111.abs.s19:
Detected MS-II (HCS12) code.
Entry point: 0x0000
Code range : 0x4000-0x3cb940
File read successfully.

Opened comm port 4 at 115200.
Erasing main FLASH:
Erased.
Writing:
Setting page register 0x3c:
Page set.
Erasing page 0x3c:
Erased.
Write complete, 1124 records, 35923 bytes.
Verifying:
Setting page register 0x00:
Page set.
Setting page register 0x3c:
Page set.
Verification succeeded, 1124 records total (4 skipped).
Elapsed time: 14.46 seconds

Looks good to me.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

tmoble,

Yes, that looks perfect! Congrats!

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tmoble

Post by tmoble »

Should have mentioned, that was homemade serial cable using CAT5 network cable. The wire colors are completely arbitrary.
tmoble

Post by tmoble »

Well dang. I left this thing sit on my bench for 8 months, went to finish it off and I'm back where I started. No connect at all, no matter what.

did all the rest of the build, OK it seems. hardest part was soldering those two tiny transistors. Itried to run TS on it, can't find the processor. Comms settings in TS are grayed out? does it default to 115,200, anybody know? Anyway, don't know the processor type so no project yet.

loader comes up OK, finds the S19 file, reads it OK. Then I get messages about opening COM4 (correct) at 115,200 (correct), the wake up attempts 9-5, reopen COM 4, wake up attempts 4-0, then ERROR timed out 0xE0. Settings on the dongle are Com4, 115,200, 8,N,1, no flow control.

it's acting a lot like it did before the whole thing with the "Unfortunately, a few GPIOs have managed to escape the factory in the last month without proper bootloaders on them due to flaky BDM hardware." What are the chances it reverted to the pre-fixed state? I had to send it back to one of the B&G duo to get it fixed then. I don't remember which it was, but he "re=BDM'd" it and it worked on the first try.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc?
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

What are the chances it reverted to the pre-fixed state?
0%.

Most often what you describe is caused by excess residual flux soaking up moisture from the air and providing a path for signals to stray from where they ought to be. Generally this is neither serious nor permanent. If this was mine, I would re-clean the board with 99% isopropyl (aka. "rubbing") alcohol - scrubbed with a tooth brush, rinse it in hot water, and then let it dry overnight and try again.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw