Capacitor Question. . .

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
tjabo

Capacitor Question. . .

Post by tjabo »

Alright, I have to admit my head is spinning a little bit with decimal places and symbols that look like tailed "u"s, terms like "pico", etc. . .

I *think* that in place of the ordered 399-4202-ND capacitors, Digi-Key sent me 399-4144-ND. I didn't think anything of it, since they both are 1,000 pF 100V capacitors from what I can tell, but then I started measuring across them and I get numbers all over the place that don't seem to match the markings. . . Does this mean my meter is junk, or something else? I still think these capacitors are equivalents.

Thanks,

Thad
Turbo Neon, converting to 41te trans sometime?
racingmini_mtl

Re: Capacitor Question. . .

Post by racingmini_mtl »

The only difference between the 2 part numbers you mention is that one has a 0.1" lead spacing and the other has 0.2" lead spacing. The rest is identical.

The difference you measure may be in the measurement method since they are rated at 10% tolerance.

Jean
tjabo

Re: Capacitor Question. . .

Post by tjabo »

Thanks Jean!

My readings from my gauge are pretty wacky, and don't seem to be too close to what the capacitors are supposed to be, certainly not wtihin 10%. . . Oh well! I'll just trust that I put the right ones in there, and that I did a good job with the assembly!

Thad
Turbo Neon, converting to 41te trans sometime?