Best Place to Buy the Case?

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
tjabo

Best Place to Buy the Case?

Post by tjabo »

The only place I seem to be able to find the EAS-400 (or EAF-400, not sure what flanged ends really means) so far, is straight from LMB Heeger. Is that the best option?

Thanks,

Thad
Turbo Neon, converting to 41te trans sometime?
racingmini_mtl

Re: Best Place to Buy the Case?

Post by racingmini_mtl »

The flanged end is like the standard MS case: it has the small section at 90 degrees from the case end to allow the use of mounting screws. The standard end is just a plate to cover the end.

And it seems that the EAS400 (or EAF400) is only available from LMB Heeger. There are substitutes (from http://www.contextengineering.com/split ... sures.html and http://www.enclosuresandcases.com/sbspecpage.html) but I don't know if they are available in single units.

Jean
tjabo

Post by tjabo »

Fantastic information Jean, thanks!

Thad
tjabo

Post by tjabo »

Just a little FYI, Kevin at enclosures and cases is a really nice guy! I should have this case situation under control tomorrow thanks to his help, and should have the case in my hand shortly thereafter.

Thad
racingmini_mtl

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Thad,

If you don't mind, how much did you pay for the case? If you prefer, you can PM me.

Jean
tjabo

Post by tjabo »

So far I only have an approximate cost for a one-off case (and I asked for a 200, but now I think I'm going to get a 400). At any rate, I'll update you by one means or another when I have an actual price.

Thanks again for pointing me in this direction!

Thad
ntstlgl1970

Post by ntstlgl1970 »

tjabo wrote:The only place I seem to be able to find the EAS-400 (or EAF-400, not sure what flanged ends really means) so far, is straight from LMB Heeger. Is that the best option?

Thanks,

Thad
I ended up getting the case from Heeger, though their website ordering system doesn't work too well. If you do order from them, call instead. I think I paid $37 for my EAF-400 in black, including shipping.
tjabo

Post by tjabo »

Hmmm. . . Good information!

That is with blank endplates I'm assuming?

Thanks,

Thad
ntstlgl1970

Post by ntstlgl1970 »

Yes, that was with blank endplates. I may run the harness connectors for the MS and GPIO from opposite ends so I did not want the cut endplate anyway.