EGT Circuit while using megashift

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
12lbchevelle

EGT Circuit while using megashift

Post by 12lbchevelle »

I probably know the answer is yes, but I'm wanting to know if I can install the AD595CQ circuit on one of the spare EGT ports while my GPIO is set up for the 4l80e.

Probably a stupid question..
Bernard Fife

Re: EGT Circuit while using megashift

Post by Bernard Fife »

Dan,

Yes, you certainly can install an EGT circuit. If you have spare ADC input circuits left to log the output, you can read the temp from the voltage by using some math in the TunerStudio INI file. You might have to jumper the EGTx circuit to another pin on the 50x2 header, depending on which circuit you use.

The default assignments for the free ADC's in a typical 4L80E build are:

PAD04: EGT2, Ampseal pin 27,
PAD05: EGT1, Ampseal pin 24,
PAD06: GPI5, Ampseal pin 5,

so EGT1 or EGT2 make the most sense. If you do this, I can easily add code and INI mods that will make it work for you - if you are willing to test it.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Re: EGT Circuit while using megashift

Post by Bernard Fife »

In looking a bit more into this, EGT1 is used for non-CAN MAP/TPS/MAF with the 4L60E, and EGT2 is used for the Line Pressure Sensor with a 4L60E.

I suspect people interesting in logging EGT may also be logging line pressure, so the non-CAN MAP circuit (EGT1) might be the one to use for the most general application (since not using CAN already means you aren't getting as much data to log). I could potentially set it up to work on either or both, I suppose.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw