Cost??

This forum is for general questions you have on assembling and troubleshooting your GPIO board. You can purchase a GPIO board at DIYAutoTune now!
joe

Cost??

Post by joe »

Lance,

Now that things are in the final stages any Idea what basic cost would be??

Basic populated GPIO board. (Board and SMD only)

Fully populated board with all circuits??

Thanks,

Joe-
Bernard Fife

Re: Cost??

Post by Bernard Fife »

Joe,

I don't. I'll ask Bruce, though, he is handling the production details.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
joe

Post by joe »

Any word yet??

Just curious mainly. Getting ready to put a 4L80E in my truck. Still have lots to do.

Thanks,

Joe
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Joe,

Sorry, I dropped the ball on this one. I will email Bruce right away and ask him to respond with his thoughts here.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
BowlingSuperior
Site Admin

Post by BowlingSuperior »

We have not worked out final cost for the GPIO. Probably around $160.00 or thereabouts for the PCB and connector. The ampseal is the pricey part, as is getting the harness wires sourced and crimped. Like everything else, we will try to keep this price rock-bottom as much as possible....

- Bruce
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Thanks Bruce!
joe

Post by joe »

Lance , Bruce,

Thanks for the reply. Just haven't seen any comment on price yet so I thought I would ask.

Ball park is great. Trying to plan a little and just wasn't sure if I was looking at $100 or $500.

$160 is great give or take $50 - $100

Looking forward to the release.

Joe
dirtytorque

Post by dirtytorque »

Hello.
Do you guys think you will release the production version this year?
Is the beta testing going well?
:)

I'm sure u get asked this all the time but i thought i'd be cheeky and ask again.
Humbly yours

Robert.
:geek:
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Robert,

Yes, I certainly hope the production version will be released this year. Beta testing is proceeding just fine, and while there are a few changes to be made for the final boards, these are straightforward. I expect we will be able to send the final boards for production in the next month or so. Then they have to be made, built (with the SMT devices), and distributed to vendors. That could take a month or two (or possibly more if problems come up).

Lance.
thedge

Post by thedge »

Will there be boards sold without the AmpSeal? I have a non standard case and connector setup, so I would need to solder wires to the board rather than use an AmpSeal.