5.101 config issues

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
camomcharo

Re: 5.101 config issues

Post by camomcharo »

Gui67,

Thanks for the info, I have tore my car down for paint so I'll have to dig out my desk from my wife's storage (junk) and give it a test.
camomcharo

Post by camomcharo »

Lance,

I have reassembled my car and with 5.102 I have can/mSextra working. The problem I am having now is when I shift fast between P and 4 current gear goes red and says 6 when i shift back to N it clears if I shift slow clicking on each gear (R,N,4) then it works fine I'm using ford voltage and series resistors . Tried changing the - dead band - no help. In the data log it shows a slope between P and 4 instead of individual voltages. I assume this is causing a problem with the software. I jumperd P to N and reset the values it helped but the weird thing is even though the voltage stays the same on the in1adc gauge when shifting from P to n the C and M gear gauges move but theirs no change in signal that i can see not even in the data log, poltergeists maybe? If I don't catch the fault the software eventually crashes. It would seem that my shift selector set up is the problem but I'm not sure what else to use.

The one log is shifting between P and N with P to N jumped; With P jumped to N the In1adc voltage looks stable in the log, I've tried the dead band from .02 to .2 no help.

I usually think outside the box but I feel like my heads in the box if you know what I mean! :lol: Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick
Attachments
2015-10-10_21.41.21.msl
(228.76 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
2015-10-12_20.03.00.msl
(220.98 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
CAN1_CurrentTune.msq
(58.46 KiB) Downloaded 712 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rick,

I'll have a look.

The first thing for you to do is to install the 5.102 code, as it is more up to date and any fixes will be based on that code.

As a workaround, can you try shifting more slowly from P to 4th?

The P to forward gears transition is always a bit tricky because the code goes from have the manual lever decide the desired gear (in P or N-R the desired gear always matches the selected position) to the gear shift table deciding the desired gear (in 1-2-3-4).

If there's some ambiguity in the signal, the code can get confused. I can have the code check more carefully at this point (such as checking it until it matches three times in a row before switching between PNR and D) but I need to make sure this won't cause more problems than it solves.

I'll look at your logs and see what might make sense to try, then let you know what I try do here.

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rick,

Attached is a first try at code that might work better for you:
Monitor_5102ti.abs.s19
Uses 5.102 INI
(84.15 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
This code recognizes when an ADC lever has moved from P to D (or vice versa) and checks the position again after waiting for a half second or so. It doesn't check if the result is the same or not, but I have everything in place to do that if it's necessary.

If you want to very, very carefully try this code (I haven't yet, so it is best to try it in a parked car, etc.) that would be great.

The INI is the same as for the existing 5.102 code, get it here: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/fi ... t_5102.ini (though once we have something that appears to work I will make the parameter for the delay adjustable by the user, so a new INI will be needed).

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
camomcharo

Post by camomcharo »

Lance,

I tried 5102ti with the jumper off and got the same results. If I shift slow stopping at each detent it works but its tough at N because of the lock out gate ( B&M Hammer) shifter.

In the meantime I can jumper from P to 4

Thanks. Rick
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rick,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I'll think about this for a bit and post back here when I have something for you to try (likely today r tomorrow).

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rick,

Attached is new code. I doubt it will solve your issue, but it contains some (hopefully) useful new diagnostic measures. So if you wanted to try it and make a datalog that you could post here for me to analyze, that would be great.
Monitor_5102tii.abs.s19
Uses same INI as above
(84.26 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
Lance.
camomcharo

Post by camomcharo »

Lance,

Thanks for looking in this, I noticed gauge-M and C gear stayed at 4 but no fault appeared.

Here's the log
Attachments
2015-10-15_15.48.49.msl
(218.26 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
CAN1_CurrentTune.msq
(58.51 KiB) Downloaded 677 times
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Thanks, I'll have a close look a soon as I get a chance.

Lance.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Rick,

It doesn't look like there's a lot happening in that log (the input voltage is flat and the position doesn't change). Were you shifting the lever at the time the log was made?

I don't think I understand how your shifter is different from a normal shifter's pattern. Can you tell me what order the shifter sees the gear positions in as you move the lever through it's full range?

BTW, if this was mine, I would change the 'Max. Lever Position Change' parameter's value from the current value of 1 to a value of 4 (under 'Shift Input Patterns -> Lever and Shift Buttons Configuration'). That might help quite a lot.

Lance.