Feature request : downshift RPM limiter

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
gboezio

Feature request : downshift RPM limiter

Post by gboezio »

Hi again :mrgreen: ,
Let's say you drive at 60 km/h until the testosterone flow gets increased by some external event and suddently wack the trottle past 100% like if the force added to the poor throttle was pushing the vehicle forward, what you expect is some sort of performance, but the tranny downshift in first to hit 5500 RPM and then upshift at 6000.
But the downshift limiter comes to the rescue

The simple way : making a calculated upshift RPM limiter, say that my engine already run @ 3200 RPM and that the increase of RPM between 2nd and first gear is 1,675, this would cause a downshift to 5025 RPM, but the downshift limiter is set to 4500, it will hold the downshift and let the engine pumps on the secong gear from 3200 and up.

The super complicated way for those who like to massage with a cheese grater : Beeing able to use table 1 for shift and table 2 for downshifts, this will give infinite tuning possibilities

Giovanni

Edit : it would be nice to have a feature like : when TPS greater than X AND if projected aftershift RPM is greater than Y, downshift will be held. This is to prevent odd events like being off throttle and the engine RPM is below gear/speed calculated RPM

Edit 2 : I have removed some text for clarity, I write too much stuff