microTCU

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
gasthecat

fitting a gear vendors overdrive unit

Post by gasthecat »

Hi Lance,
Just looking for an update on the MicroTCU and if your any closer to a release date
Thanks GtC
Bernard Fife

Re: microTCU

Post by Bernard Fife »

gtc,

Last I heard from Bruce on this a month ago, he said,
"Yes [there] is continued work on the Micro TCU. We did some testing and we are revising the VSS input a bit to make it more robust to noise. The firmware rejects the noise but it has added benefit to also perform this rejection in hardware as well. We are revising the boards and hope to have updated hardware within the next month, for testing. Once this checks out we are ready to move forward with production.

We are *really* making sure that this is a rugged product, and I am being a little anal on this, but we want it rock solid."
Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
kikkegek

Post by kikkegek »

Lance wrote:gtc,

Last I heard from Bruce on this a month ago, he said,
"Yes [there] is continued work on the Micro TCU. We did some testing and we are revising the VSS input a bit to make it more robust to noise. The firmware rejects the noise but it has added benefit to also perform this rejection in hardware as well. We are revising the boards and hope to have updated hardware within the next month, for testing. Once this checks out we are ready to move forward with production.

We are *really* making sure that this is a rugged product, and I am being a little anal on this, but we want it rock solid."
Lance.
he guys, any news? I am about to buy a Microsquirt or Megashift to upgrade my 74 GMC Suburban from a th350 to a 4L80E and I am hanging towards Megashift. The MicroTCU would be awesome for that matter.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

No new news. If I needing something soon I would get a GPIO board.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
tobmag

Post by tobmag »

Hi Sheriff

Time for the annual update :D

BR//
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

tobmag, Bruce and Al (who were setting up the production side) haven't said anything about the microTCU in the last year, so the most reasonable assumption is that the microTCU has been still-born (like the Sequencer and Precision Wideband Controller before it, there were a few iterations of prototypes, but no finished product).