feature request for shift retard

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
ashford

feature request for shift retard

Post by ashford »

can it be brought out to an external output? this would be nice for standalone use to hook it to a 2-step, or for use on the ms3 flatshift to cut injectors.
Bernard Fife

Re: feature request for shift retard

Post by Bernard Fife »

ashford,

I am not sure what you are asking for. The shift retard is sent as a CAN message to MS2/3. How do you envisage an output configure the retard signal for a standalone application?

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
Matt Cramer

Post by Matt Cramer »

I believe he's asking for the ability to trigger a relay control or on/off output when the shift retard is active.
Bernard Fife

Post by Bernard Fife »

Matt,

If that is the case, then the 'selective clutch' spare port outputs already do this. See: http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/spareport.html

Lance.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
ashford

Post by ashford »

my goal is to have a fuel cut during shifts at high loads, this will be on a turbo car and i think ignition retard won't be enough power reduction. this will also be useful on a standalone if the vehicle has a 2-step.

i looked through tuner studio and the way i understand it is turn on selective clutch turn on 1-2,2-3,3-4 and set pwm to 100%?