Ford 4R70W trans control

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Vesku

Ford 4R70W trans control

Post by Vesku »

This is noobie question, but I didn´t find much information about this. I have turbocharged ford 302 engine and manual T5 after that and like to go 4R70W automatic. Just figuring out choices to control it. I have MS3 controlling engine with full sequential fuel and spark so megashift might be logical solution to me. Someone might build this before so looking for help that don´t have to hit my head to wall so many times ;) This project is for next winter but I have been already bought -98 4r70w with digital range sensor. Everything about GPIO special needs for this trans, connections and talk about basic settings is wellcome.

Best Regards
Vesku