Chrysler 47RE info

A forum for discussing applications and implementations of the MegaShift transmission controller code for the GPIO from B&G. This can control up to 8-speeds and 6 shift solenoids (plus a 16x9 table for controlling a PWM line pressure valve). It has manual and fully automatic modes (16x9 load x speed table), with under and over rev-limit protection, and full data logging of all inputs and outputs (among many other abilities). A TransStim to test your completed board is also available.
Arlo#1

Re: Chrysler 47RE info

Post by Arlo#1 »

I just installed this but slightly older version of tranny in my road runner behind my 440 and I have driven it a little just not into 4th on the highway yeat. I may need to upgrade to gripo for it we will see. I am lucky mine is the simple one without presure control and the lockup (although I would like the lockup.) looking forward to see how this works.
d72hemi

Post by d72hemi »

Any luck with the 47re control? being able to use a 46re, 47re, or 48re transmission would open up a lot more options than just a 1994 to 1995 46/47rh transmission for my 1972 Dodge Charger project.

Ian
jlast

Post by jlast »

UPDATE ?
ntstlgl1970

Post by ntstlgl1970 »

I have this running/driving now, though I don't have the GPIO part completely implemented yet. I'm currently running the TCC, OD and GOV solenoids off the MS3X just to confirm it would work. I just received the rest of the parts to complete megashift today so hopefully I will have it working as it should be soon (as in a week, not 2 years!). Having a driveable car helps a lot with motivation.

Note: Running a RE trans without governor control results in 3rd and manual 2nd only. Manual low will not work.
dieseldude

Post by dieseldude »

Hello, I am wondering if your 47re project is finished and operational. I may be using a 47re in a diesel application.

Richard
dieseldude

Post by dieseldude »

Eric, Your reply is greatly appreciated. To begin, what GPIO board BOM should I buy to get started? Interestingly, I also have a 68rfe that I would like to use and I think I will start with the 47re. I just learned that the 45rfe, 545rfe and the 68rfe use the same valve body solenoid package and sensors. It looks like the 68rfe--6speed just uses different solenoid engagements than the other 5 speed trans. So, fyi, if your project is a street machine, the 6speed may be off interest. Too early here to even think of the new 8 speed!
bgood1130

Post by bgood1130 »

any more info on this setup? I am looking at doing this with my cummins in the very near future
steveh66

Post by steveh66 »

an old post... but did you get any progress on this project with the creation a governor pressure control with feedback loop??